How to Hire the Right Person for your Business
Please Note: Seminar times include lunch
Disrupting a team with a new staff member that just doesn't fit
can result in serious team motivation and performance issues.,
worse still is the chance that the interviewee is either
incompetent or dishonest. With South Africa's stringent Labour
laws, firing poor performing or unsuitable employees is extremely
onerous and potentially costly, so making the right decision in the
first place is crucial! This highly practical seminar will teach
you how to "read" interviewees and give you guidelines on what
questions to ask, and what red flags to look out for, to ensure you
only hire the most suitable and qualified candidate.
Managers and supervisors are often promoted for their technical
ability and performance, and find their new role challenging as
they strive to gain results through others. Unfortunately one of
the key management skills that they need to master is often
overlooked - and that is the ability to conduct a thorough
interview and "read" candidates accurately to ensure only the best
candidates are hired.
By attending this practical seminar, you will gain a template to
use during interviews that will allow you to accurately and
objectively assess each candidate, ensuring that you only hire the
most suitable person!
Key elements covered during this half day seminar:
- Avoiding wasting time on unproductive interviews by learning
how to accurately read between the lines of a CV and dismissing
- Learning what the candidates' choice of outfit says about them
- so you know right off the bat who you are dealing with
- Discovering how you can use an understanding of body language
to know if the candidate is telling the truth - or bluffing
- Uncovering the "secrets" to summing up a candidate's
personality, and assessing whether they will be a "fit" for your
- Discovering how to use active listening and questioning as a
- Gaining a list of revealing questions that you should use
during interviews to get to the bottom of any areas of concern
- Learning how to listen to your instincts - tap into your "gut"
- Gaining guidelines on how to make the right final decision when
you have several qualified candidates
You can register for this seminar by clicking on the "Book Now"
buttons above, alternatively please call Kathryn on 011 454 5505 or email
What You're Going to Get
Each seminar is run in the morning at venues in Johannesburg,
Cape Town and Durban. Delegates attending receive bound reference
notes, tea, coffee and snacks on arrival and at the break. After
the course, delegates receive a sit down lunch as well as a
Certificate of Attendance.